Closing date: 10/04/2023
About the School
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is a one form entry school with a Nursery based in the Town ward of St. Helens. We are an integral part of the local community and are very family orientated with a strong Catholic ethos. At Holy Cross Catholic Primary School we are determined to ensure that each and every one of our children has high aspirations for who and what they can become in the future. We strive to ensure that the children at our school experience a broad and balanced curriculum that is knowledge rich, exciting and engaging. We set high standards for our staff and for our children and believe that hard work is the key to success. Our school has a dedicated team that works hard to reach high standards in everything we do.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and resourceful learning support assistant, who can assist children to access the curriculum. Main purpose of the role:
- To work in partnership with the class teacher to support learning by under the direction of teaching staff, supporting pupils.
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher.
- Adjust learning activities based on pupils’ responses as appropriate to achieve effective learning outcomes.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
- Provide information to the Teacher for monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress/activities.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
- To support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Liaise with other staff and provide information about pupils as appropriate
- Understand and support pupils with special needs
- Support the work of volunteers and other Learning Support staff in the classroom
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Headteacher/SLT
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
All Application forms to be returned to Mrs C Gillespie, Headteacher email@example.com at the school by 12.00pm on 10th April.