HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASST (Temporary Maternity Cover)
Hours: Part-time, 22.5 hours per week, 3 days Tues, Wed and Thurs, term time plus 1 week
Required from April 2024 for this friendly, thriving & dynamic school, an excellent practitioner to join its successful and dedicated team and have a positive impact on children’s life chances. Applications are sought from Higher Level Teaching Assistants to plan, teach and assess achievement in a series of lessons linked to the national curriculum.
The role of the HLTA is a well-respected position within St Peters and plays an important part of our school community.
We are looking for a HLTA to cover teachers’ PPA time (planning, preparation and assessment). You will be required to teach full classes in subjects as designated by the teacher. As our HLTA, you will be welcoming children into our classroom, taking registration, teaching, covering playtime and then seeing the children out at the end of the day. A particular interest or specialism in computing would be helpful, however this is not essential as training would be provided.
Governors of our outstanding Christian school are looking for an excellent, highly motivated teacher with energy & enthusiasm who can:
• actively support the promotion of the school’s aims and Christian ethos
• bring vision, innovation & creativity to his/her practice
• set, expect & achieve high standards for self & others
• go the ‘extra mile’ for our children
• come to school every day with enthusiasm, dynamism and a desire to play a full part in the life of the school in all aspects
• be a lead practitioner for the support staff in our school
• passionately commit to achieving the very best for each child.
• attend and support out of school events.
• Undertake safeguarding responsibilities as detailed in the job description.
In return we can offer:
• wonderful children who enjoy learning
• a community, firmly rooted in our Christian ethos
• a great team of committed staff, with children who are well behaved, enthusiastic and articulate, with supportive parents & governors
• excellent CPD opportunities for career development
• opportunities to shape the future of our school and develop teaching & learning to an outstanding level.
We would welcome the opportunity to meet prospective applicants, show them around our school and discuss the post further. Please contact Miss Lisa Blackledge our School Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
St Peter’s C.E. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This school is committed to nurturing children, promoting Christian values.
Apply online from the St Helens Council website or download the application forma and return it directly to the school.
Please return applications, marked for the attention of Mr P Robinson, Headteacher, St. Peter’s C.E. Primary School, Birley Street, Newton-le-Willows WA12 9UR.
Closing Date: Monday 4th March 2024