Thatto Heath Primary School is a large three form entry primary school. It is a happy and vibrant school with pupils who are positive about their learning. We are seeing to recruit a highly motivated Learning Support Assistant whose role will be to help support and deliver the Read Write Inc Phonics Programme in school. The hours of work are, in the first instance, 30 per week, term time only and fixed term up to 31st August 2023.
The duties will include working closely with the Read Write Inc. Leader as follows:
- Supporting individuals and groups of children to help them progress in their phonics learning.
- To support the Read Write Inc. lead in the development of resources.
- To work with the Read Write Inc. lead in tracking and ensuring phonic progression.
- To deliver specific phonics programme to groups and individuals.
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the school.
- Work with all staff to assess the needs of individual children.
- Facilitate phonic learning for both small groups and individual pupils.
- Observe, record and feedback information on pupil performance.
- Assist in creating materials for phonic delivery and display boards.
- Assist with behaviour management.
The successful candidates will:
- Have experience of working with primary school aged children, with a focus on teaching phonics to groups and individuals.
- Have good literacy and mathematics skills, be hardworking and adaptable to change.
- Be willing to undertake dedicated phonics training.
- Be able to understand strategies and methods to help pupils improve their learning.
- Be able to establish routines and ensure good behaviour management during the sessions.
- Have good communication skills.
Undertake other various duties as directed by the Headteacher/Phonics Lead, in respect of supporting pupils and their learning, which may include general support in class, playground supervision, and supporting pupils with additional/medical needs.
The school, in return can offer an opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school and wider community and extensive training opportunities.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate. Application forms are available online from www.sthelens.gov.uk or alternatively by contacting Human Resources on the number below.
Completed application forms are to be returned directly to the school on or before the closing date – i.e. 12 Noon on Thursday 6th October 2022.