The governors at St Aidan’s CE Primary School wish to appoint a Level 3 Learning Assistant to provide support to our children within our EYFS Department to start on 8th January 2024.
The successful candidate will fully support the school’s Christian ethos and be committed to building pupils’ self-esteem, self-discipline and love of learning to underpin their progress in the basic skills.
NVQ Level 3 Qualification or above is essential as is experience of working within a Nursery as a Learning Assistant supporting the class teacher and learners.
Our children are looking for someone who:
· Possesses energy and enthusiasm
· Is an excellent practitioner who works well within a team and shows initiative
· Will set and achieve high standards and expectations of learning, behaviour and care
We can offer you:
· A highly committed, enthusiastic and professional staff
· Friendly, caring and motivated children
· Positive and supportive relationships with parents and the local community
· A commitment to continuous professional development
This post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure and barring service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate, satisfactory references and medical reports. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hours of work:
Wednesday 8.45am to 3.30pm ( ½ hour lunch)
Thursday 8.45am to 1pm
Friday 8.45am to 1pm
15 hours per week.
Term Time Only plus Inset Days
The hours could increase throughout the year.
TEMPORARY CONTRACT UNTIL 31ST AUGUST 2024.
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th November 2023
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 4th December 2023 – there will be an assessment activity to complete prior to interview.