APPOINTMENT OF HEADTEACHER
TO COMMENCE SEPTEMBER 2024
SALARY RANGE: L29 - 35 (negotiable dependent upon experience)
On the forthcoming retirement of the current long-standing, successful Headteacher, an exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a dynamic, energetic and visionary leader. The Governors of St Cuthbert’s Catholic High School invite applications from practising Catholics with senior leadership and management experience for the post of Headteacher.
The successful candidate will build upon the strengths of the school identified in the Ofsted inspection of July 2022 and continue to lead the school in its improvement.
The successful candidate will:
• be a committed practising Catholic,
• continue to develop the distinctive Catholic nature of our school working sensitively with colleagues in the context of gospel values in pursuit of strategic aims agreed with the Governing Body,
• bring a proven track record of leadership in Catholic Education,
• continue to develop Senior and Middle Leaders in our school,
• continue to inspire our committed staff,
• build on existing good practice and disseminate this for the good of all students,
• have the ability to motivate and support all members of the school community.
We require someone who:
• is a strategic thinker able to lead, inspire and motivate both staff and students,
• can demonstrate excellent interpersonal organisation and communication skills,
• can form high quality relationships for learning with all staff, students and parents,
• will be committed to making a difference to outcomes and achievements of all the students of
St Cuthbert’s Catholic High School.
The main priority of all members of St Cuthbert’s is to ensure effective teaching and learning and providing the best education for all our students and supporting them to live life in all its fullness and reach their potential.
Candidates are encouraged in the first instance to contact the Headteacher’s PA Cath Geden on email@example.com to arrange an appointment for school visits by arrangement. Available school visit days are Wednesday, 7th February (between 2:00-5:00pm) and Tuesday, 20th February 2024 (between 2:00-5:00pm).
What we can offer:
• A shared vision and ambition to deliver excellence for our young people
• An opportunity to share in shaping the school’s improvement journey
• Happy children who aspire to do their best
• Motivated and dedicated staff
• Commitment to Continued Professional Development
A vibrant community, uniquely created by God, which embraces everyone, especially those in need and celebrates difference. Enabled by a staff, dedicated to our Catholic ethos and a culture of excellence, our young people will be inspired to know more, and be more.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 23rd February 2024 at 9:00am
Shortlisting: Monday, 26th February 2024
Interviews: Monday, 4th and Tuesday, 5th March 2024
To download the applicant pack (this includes the Senior Leadership Application form), please visit http://www.stcuthberts.com/about-us/vacancies/
All applications to be returned for the attention of Fr P Swanson, Chair of Governors by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken. We are an Equal Opportunities employer with excellent CPD provision.
In July 2022, Ofsted Inspectors returned and confirmed that St Cuthbert’s continues to be a good school.
“Pupils told inspectors that the best thing about the school is the education that they receive. They value the purposeful learning environment. Pupils focus on their work in class and co-operate well with one another. Leaders and staff have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and academic success. Pupils have pride in their work”.
“Leaders have put together a coherent and well-ordered curriculum across all subjects. The curriculum identifies what pupils will learn and when this content will be taught. Leaders have ensured that the curriculum is broad and balanced from Year 7 to Year 11. The curriculum is ambitious”.
As outlined in the DfE's Keeping children safe in education, once candidates are shortlisted for interview, we wish to inform you that online searches may be carried out as part of due diligence checks.