St Cuthbert’s was judged good by OFSTED in September 2016. The OFSTED report noted:
"This is a truly inclusive school where every pupil is valued. All pupils receive high-quality support, particularly those who are vulnerable. Leaders have created a culture in which all are given the chance to be successful.”
This is a unique and highly valued role within school that is required to play a full part in promoting the Catholic life of the school by inspiring the school community living out our mission as a Catholic school. We seek to appoint an outstanding and experienced teacher who will relish leading the Catholic life of our whole school community. The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic who, by personal example and professional leadership, will ensure that the Catholic ethos, rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church, permeates all aspects of the life of the school. You will join a team of RE specialists, who are hardworking and committed to improving the quality of learning and teaching. They are professional, creative and ready to try out new strategies and approaches. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Teacher of Religious Education to join the team on a permanent basis.
• To lead the Catholic ethos of the school, including Collective Worship and Catholic life
• To be fully conversant with the Liverpool Diocese framework of Inspection of Catholic schools
• To lead on spiritual and liturgical developments in conjunction with Head of RE
• Effectively manage financial and physical resources to ensure the school highlights and celebrates Catholic life
• Ensure the Catholic ethos of the school is promoted to all staff and students irrespective of their faith or no-faith
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of Catholicity on the academic and pastoral welfare of the students
• Report to Governors / SLT on the activities and spiritual development of Catholic Life in the school
• Provide induction, continual professional development and bespoke training to meet the needs of all staff regarding Catholic life
• Along with the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team, be the beacon of representation in the core values of our school
What we can offer:
• A shared vision and ambition to deliver excellence for our young people
• An opportunity to share in shaping the school’s improvement journey
• Happy children who aspire to do their best
• Motivated and dedicated staff
• Commitment to Continued Professional Development
We are a really exciting and interesting place to be.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Interested candidates can contact the Headteacher should they wish to discuss the position further, whilst visits to the school can also be arranged.
Do not apply on line.
For an application form, job description and further details please visit the school website www.stcuthberts.com. Or, alternatively, contact Cath Geden PA to the Headteacher, on 01744 678123 or email email@example.com
Application forms to be completed and returned for the attention of Mrs C Twist, Headteacher to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are to be be held: Tuesday, 28th or Wednesday, 29th June 2022