We are currently recruiting for three Customer Services Advisors to work within our Contact Centre at our Head Office in St Helens, on a Full-Time basis working 37 hours a week.
Our Customer Services Team provide a single point of contact either from the contact centre or the reception desk. The post holder must be flexible and willing to work a rotating shift pattern between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and one Saturday per month.
The role of Customer Service Advisor includes:
· Ability to deal with a wide and diverse range of enquiries to a high standard of customer service covering all areas of the Council’s business.
· Delivering an excellent customer experience by providing advice and, wherever possible, resolution at the first point of contact. This includes all customer access channels including telephone, face to face, email, web and SMS.
· Maintains an up to date knowledge of all services and systems used in the Customer Service receptions to assist customers and resolve their enquiries.
· To professionally deal with any frustrated, angry and abusive customers, providing a resolution to their enquiry and avoiding potential complaints.
· To maintain accurate records and information relating to the provision of customer services
· To actively encourage customers to use the most efficient method to gain access to and information about Council services.
· To ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required for each, as agreed annually by the Executives
Experience required is:
· Working in a customer service environment, excellent communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a flexible and co-operative approach towards changing business needs.
· Working in a high-pressure environment where consistently high standards of service delivery are required.
· Ability to problem solve and deliver the best results in a customer focused approach.
· Excellent understanding of Housing Benefit and Council Tax legislation.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its clients and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Council employees are required to abide by the ethical standards embodied by the 7 NOLAN principles of conduct in public life. These include selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
The council welcomes applications from the BAME community.
For an informal discussion, please contact Matt Awang at Mattawang@sthelens.gov.uk