Job Title: Teacher of Physical Education
Dates: Job start September 2024
Contract type: Full Time Contract term: Permanent
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 28th February 2024 at 9:00am
Interview date: During week of 11/03/2024
In July 2022, Ofsted Inspectors returned and confirmed that St Cuthbert’s continues to be a good school.
“Pupils told inspectors that the best thing about the school is the education that they receive. They value the purposeful learning environment. Pupils focus on their work in class and co-operate well with one another. Leaders and staff have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and academic success. Pupils have pride in their work”.
The governors are seeking to appoint a skilled, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of PE. The successful candidate will be expected to teach PE across the age and ability range.
• An enthusiastic, committed and well-qualified PE teacher required to join a successful, hardworking and forward-thinking PE Department.
• This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher with outstanding skills to join a group of professionals who are having an impact on the learning of the young people in their care. The PE department is committed to making a difference to the lives of young people at St Cuthbert’s.
• The successful candidate will be able to deliver PE at both Key stages and evidence a flexibility to contribute to the overall development of the department.
• At KS4, GCSE Edexcel Physical Education, BTEC Sport and BTEC Health and Social Care are offered.
• Applications welcome from ECTs/qualified teachers
What we can offer:
• A shared vision and ambition to deliver excellence for our young people
• An opportunity to share in shaping the school’s improvement journey
• Happy children who aspire to do their best
• Motivated and dedicated staff
• Commitment to Continued Professional Development
A vibrant community, uniquely created by God, which embraces everyone, especially those in need and celebrates difference. Enabled by a staff, dedicated to our Catholic ethos and a culture of excellence, our young people will be inspired to know more, and be more.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an application form, job description and further details please visit the school website www.stcuthberts.com. Or, alternatively, contact Cath Geden PA to the Headteacher, on 01744 678123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms to be completed and returned for the attention of Mrs C Twist, Headteacher to email@example.com
As outlined in the DfE's Keeping children safe in education, once candidates are shortlisted for interview, we wish to inform you that online searches may be carried out as part of due diligence checks.