The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly effective, enthusiastic, flexible, motivated and outstanding Learning Assistant L3 to manage our caring, safe and thriving out of school club provision. The post is term time only and subject to After School Club funding and will cease in line with this. We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be patient and positive, have high expectations of children's behaviour and be able to provide stimulating activities for the children to enjoy. The successful candidate will be organised and efficient managing the effective deployment of play assistants and be able to apply all necessary welfare requirements.
Experience of working within a Breakfast/After School club would be an advantage
Suitable qualifications such as L3 NVQ or above or experience as a Breakfast/After School Club Leader will be an advantage.
- To provide full care for the children attending after school club including:
- Registering children on arrival and providing a healthy snack
- To provide safe, creative appropriate play opportunities, preparing/planning activities
- To manage and lead a team
- To carry out the necessary day to day administration, record keeping, ordering equipment and resources
- To manage the parent payments and payment records in conjunction with the School Office
- To work within an agreed budget
- To be aware of and implement health and safety procedures
- To carry out risk assessments
- To work in partnership with school, nursery and external organisations and agencies
- To attend meetings as required
- To take part in supervision/performance management processes
- To prepare reports for Extended Services Committee/Governors as requested
- To work within the framework of equal opportunities
- To undertake appropriate training
- To undertake other reasonable duties as directed
We can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a well-resourced, friendly school
- Hard working and Supportive Staff
- Delightful Children
The person we appoint will:
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Enjoy supervising children
- Promote positive behaviour
- Encourage healthy eating and good manners
- Work as part of a team
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children
Shortlisting will take place on: w/c Monday, 30 January 2023
Tasks & Interviews will take place from Wednesday, 1 February 2023
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Please return completed application forms direct to the school, using the online system or in a sealed envelope marked, Private & Confidential to Mrs L Dove, School Business Manager, on or before noon on the closing date.