Following the retirement of our long serving and highly respected Headteacher, Governors are looking to appoint a Headteacher from September 2021 or as soon as possible..
Allanson Street Primary is a very successful school rooted at the heart of its community. Our children thrive in a welcoming, supportive and caring environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for an inspirational leader to build on our current achievements and continue to secure and drive forward improvements in future performance.
The successful candidate will be supported by a committed, enthusiastic and caring staff team and a supportive governing body.
We can offer:
· friendly, caring and well-motivated pupils,
· supportive parents who work in partnership with the school, including a very active PTA,
· a happy safe and caring school with a dedicated team of staff,
· a committed and supportive governing body.
We are seeking an innovative, highly-motivated Headteacher with excellent interpersonal skills who:
· will ensure high expectations and successful outcomes for all our pupils,
· has a commitment to maintaining the inclusive nature of our school,
· has a clear vision for the future of our school,
· has the strategic ability to implement this vision in partnership with Governors,
staff, parents and the community,
· has a commitment to excellence in education,
· has enthusiasm and passion for school life,
· has the ability to drive school improvement to secure and maintain high standards
of achievement and attainment for all,
· will enhance the quality of education and management within the school,
· has proven successful Senior Leadership Experience.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Jayne Hurst (School Business Manager) on 01744 678144. Visits will be conducted in a covid safe way by appointment only.
You can apply online at www.sthelens.gov.uk. Written application forms are to be returned to the school directly.
This post is subject of satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 25 January 2021 Noon
Shortlisting : 28 January 2021
Tasks and interviews: 4 and 5 February 2021