Required to start as soon as possible
The Governors of Queen’s Park CE/URC Primary School wish to appoint a dynamic and motivated Attendance Officer to support with ensuring the best possible learning outcomes for all of the children attending Queen’s Park.
The candidate ideally should have at least two years’ work experience in a primary school setting, ideally with some experience of working in a pastoral role, or in supporting children with specific barriers to learning.
In addition you should have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and have a desire to enhance your skills further through professional development.
You will need good interpersonal skills as well as the ability to use various IT systems to record and manage data – although training will be provided for this.
The role will consist of:
• Daily monitoring and updating of registers
• Phone calls and home visits to families relating to attendance concerns in line with our First Day response system
• Preparing and analysing data to share with various agencies in relation to attendance
• Striving to improve the attendance of vulnerable groups of pupils in particular, in order to improve the overall attendance and punctuality
• Sharing attendance information and expectations across the school community to ensure attendance is consistently tackled and supportive measures are put in place
• Accurately dealing with requests for leave of absence for exceptional circumstances and maintaining the relevant paperwork connected to these
• Working in collaboration with the Safeguarding Lead to prepare attendance reports for agency meetings as requested
• Supporting the senior leadership in improving attendance and punctuality of pupils
Full details of the role and the specific personal qualities required can be found in the job description and person specification.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 12 noon Thursday 1st September
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 7th September
Completed applications should be returned to the school at the above address on or before the closing date.
When applying for these vacancies, you have the following options
Use the Job Applications Portal to apply online for jobs.