Required for the end of November 2022 (possibly a little earlier!), an experienced HLTA with a proven track record of raising attainment to join our caring, creative school. The post is for 4 full days per week (Monday-Thursday) and is a maternity cover position. We are looking for someone who has the enthusiasm to ‘make a difference’ in the lives and learning of all our children who are in our successful school. The post will entail whole class teaching across school covering classes in Y3, 4 and an afternoon in Reception, and therefore we are looking for someone who can demonstrate that they have some experience of Early Years, KS1 & KS2.
Sherdley Primary School is a good school that is a two-form entry school with a nursery provision. We have a hard-working team of teachers and support staff who work effectively together. All staff are committed to ensuring every child is safe and has access to the highest quality learning opportunities and achieves the best they can in every class. We also have an effective pastoral system which supports pupils and families, promotes and maintains excellent behaviour and addresses barriers to learning quickly and effectively.
The successful candidates must:
- Have a minimum of a HLTA qualification, or above
- Recent experience in covering whole classes across both Key Stages (1 & 2) and ideally Early Years
- Demonstrate high expectations for all pupils including key groups such as PP & SEN
- Promote outstanding behaviour for learning
- Demonstrate excellent behaviour management strategies and outstanding pastoral care
- Use effectively a wide range of creative approaches to the delivery of the curriculum
- Be able to enrich the life of school
We can offer you:
- Attentive, enthusiastic and well-behaved children
- Staff who work effectively together and are committed to raising standards for all pupils
- Supportive parents
- An effective and committed governing body
- A commitment to your own professional development
Please contact the Headteacher in order to gain a greater understanding of this role, shortlisted candidates will be offered an opportunity to look round school prior to interviews. Please phone (Tel. 01744 678683) to arrange a discussion.
The post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms are available online from www.sthelens.gov.uk or alternatively by contacting Human Resources. Completed applications are to be returned to the school at the address above.
Closing Date: midday Monday 10th October 2022
Shortlisting: Tuesday 11th October 2022
Interviews: Friday 14th October 2022