Required for February 2023 (or as soon as possible after) for temporary maternity cover until the post holder returns.
The Governors of this happy, successful and thriving school are seeking to appoint an outstanding Early Years practitioner/PPA teacher who can inspire and motivate young children. At Ashurst we have a strong team of teachers and support staff who work closely together to provide the best education for our children.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner and have high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
- Be supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
- Be able to enthuse and motivate children
- Be able to demonstrate that they are a creative and highly effective classroom teacher
- Have the ability to create a stimulating learning environment
- Be committed to raising the already high standards within a broad balanced curriculum
- Be able to work within vibrant, ambitious and dedicated teams
- Be flexible and hard-working
- Be sensitive to the needs of our children and families
In return we will offer you:
- Enthusiastic, caring and happy children who are keen to learn
- A strong, shared vision for our school
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- A supportive and encouraging team of staff and governors
- A warm and welcoming environment
Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
School visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01744 678150 to arrange a convenient time.
Applications should be submitted online or returned to the school for the attention of the Headteacher, Mrs L Houghton by 12pm on the closing date Monday 28th November 2022.
Shortlisting will take place on the afternoon of Monday 28th November and successful candidates will be informed the same day.
Observations will take place following shortlisting.
Interviews to be held week commencing Monday 5th December 2022.
Closing Date: 12 Noon Friday 28th November 2022.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details and application forms are available from Leila Gibbons, Human Resources Section, Atlas House, Corporation Street, St Helens WA9 1LD
Tel:- 01744 671864