From: 1st September 2023
Are you looking for the next step in your career, a new challenge and opportunity to widen the positive impact you have through strategic leadership and management?
The Governing Body of Newton-le-Willows Primary School and Nursery are looking to appoint a highly motivated, dynamic, inspirational and committed Deputy Headteacher to work in partnership with the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team, to build on our successes and drive the school forward in future development and growth.
You need to be a strategic leader who:
- Can work with the Headteacher to lead an experienced and enthusiastic team.
- Will promote our school values of Self-Motivation, Teamwork, Resilience, Independence, Vision and Emotional Intelligence with all members of our community.
- Will continue to create an inclusive ethos and culture and a safe, secure environment for our children.
- Has a clear commitment to the development of the whole child.
- Understands how children learn best and will never give up on them.
- Is able to make a difference and has the aspiration to develop themselves and the school further, whilst maintaining the current high standards.
- Is able to mentor and coach others.
- Is a strategic, creative and innovative thinker with outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Is prepared to research new initiatives to always keep Newton Primary at the forefront of new approaches to education.
- Is a good team player who wants to enthuse and involve the people around them.
- Has the ability to adapt to an ever-changing educational landscape.
- Has an expert knowledge and interest in inclusion, behaviour management and safeguarding.
- Has excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Is able to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
We can offer:
- A friendly environment and a caring ethos where success is celebrated and where children feel confident to explore, take risks in their learning and gain from their experiences.
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn and are proud of their school.
- A team of hard working colleagues who are committed to improving the life chances of our children.
- An active, strong and supportive Governing Body.
- Close links with the Local Authority and other local schools within the wider network.
- The opportunity to make a difference.
- A commitment to your professional development.
- The opportunity to help shape the future of our successful school.
Our aspiration is to be an outstanding school. This position offers an exciting challenge and opportunity to secure excellent educational outcomes for all our children. For this pivotal role, we seek an inspirational individual with proven success in leading within the primary setting. The role will not have a year group teaching commitment at this current time, but this may change in the future
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please arrange appointments by contacting the Headteacher via the school’s e mail address: email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and young people and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022’ Statutory Guidance.
This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.
Visits to the School: Monday 13th March 2023 at 4.00pm and Friday 17th March 2023 at 9.30am.
Closing Date: Friday 24th March 2023 - noon
Shortlisting: Monday 27th March 2023
Lesson Observations: Thursday 20th April 2023 and Friday 21st April 2023
Tasks and Interview: Thursday 27th April 2023 and Friday 28th April 2023